Work-Study Program

The Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC) Work-Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students regardless of financial need. The program encourages community service work as well as work related to courses of study. It also includes on-campus administrative positions available from a variety of school departments.

What will I be paid and how many hours will I work?

The current wage rate is $12.00/hour. Off-campus positions pay a slightly higher wage rate due to travel expenses that may be incurred by the student.

Your award will accommodate an average of 12 to 15 hours of work weekly. This may vary depending on the student’s other obligations and academic requirements. The maximum a student may work on-campus is 20 hours per week.

What types of jobs are available?

There are several types of jobs both on-campus and off-campus.

Off-Campus Jobs 

  • Community Service – These are paid opportunities available through non-profit organizations which are directed towards improving the quality of life for community residents; particularly low-income individuals and individuals with specific needs.

  • The America Reads/America Counts Programs – These programs are designed to provide tutoring to area children in need of additional help in reading or mathematical competency. These have proven to be excellent ways for students to serve the needs of the community while obtaining rewarding and enriching experience through the Federal Work-Study program.

On-Campus Jobs

  • Part-time positions are available from most of the HCHC administration departments. Students awarded Work-Study and interested in on-campus jobs may find a listing of openings on this website.

Where are the job postings listed?

Historically in the first two weeks of school, position openings will be posted on the school's website and the job boards located in the Condakes Cafeteria and in the Human Resources office. Human Resources is located in Administration Building, 2nd floor. 

Who is eligible for the HCHC Work-Study Program?

To be eligible, a student must maintain a 3.0 grade average, complete the Work-Study Program Application, and submit an updated resume to the Office of Financial Aid. Federal Work-Study positions are available to students who qualify. They require the same application process. 

Once approved, the student will be notified of the approval via email by Michael Kirchmaeir, Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships. The email will include a link to the listing of available positions.

The student will then have the opportunity to peruse the open job listings and to contact the “contact person” assigned to any jobs that may be of interest.

The contact person will notify the candidate directly via e-mail to arrange an interview and will also notify the candidate directly if he/she has been accepted or not accepted for the position. 

If selected, the candidate must have the job contact sign the Work-Study application. He/she must then complete and submit the following forms to the Human Resources office, which is located in the Administration Building. Each of these forms can be accessed through this website or from the Human Resources Department and requires completion only once during the academic year, regardless of how many jobs the student may apply for.

Please be aware that all Work-Study positions are awarded for the current academic year only and expire the last day of school each spring. Students must re-apply and be approved for a Work-Study position every school year.

How do I apply for a Work-Study position?

Work-Study Process – as Easy as 1.2.3.

Required Forms

W-4 Form

To complete your W-4, please follow the directions as stated on the W-4 form. You will have to claim a certain number of “allowances” on your W-4. We are not legally allowed to give advice on how to complete this form, so you may wish to ask your parents for assistance.

I-9 Form

If you are working on campus for the first time, you must complete a Federal I-9 Form to verify employment eligibility.

Please bring the following ORIGINAL documents to Human Resources:

  • Social Security Card OR Birth Certificate bearing an official seal
  • Driver’s License or another form of state issued photo ID, (i.e. non-driver ID, Hellenic College Holy Cross ID, etc.)


  • U.S. passport (The passport establishes both identify and employment authorization and can be used without additional support.)

To read the complete list of acceptable forms of identification, please visit

Please understand, a student is NOT allowed to work on campus until the I-9 form and supporting original documents are provided to Human Resources.

Student Employment and Confidentiality Agreement

Form acknowledging your acceptance of HCHC confidentiality terms.

Once these documents are on file with Human Resources, they serve as authorization for the student to legally work on campus.  

Please contact the Human Resource Department at (617) 850-1294 or by email at if you have any questions about student employment.

How is compensation received by the student?

Hellenic College Holy Cross deposits all student employment earnings directly into the student’s bank account. To get this set up, the student must complete a Payroll Direct Deposit Form and bring a blank voided check or savings account information to the Human Resources office. Please know the student will receive one ‘live’ check prior to the direct deposit going into effect.

The student must complete his/her timesheets via the ADP payroll portal. This portal electronically routes timesheets to the student’s supervisor for approval and submits hours for payroll processing. Human Resources will provide the student with a direct link to the ADP Portal and access to his/her electronic timesheet.

Student workers who do not submit their timesheets or submit them late will receive their compensation in the next scheduled payroll cycle.

Office of Financial Aid
Hours of Operation

10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.

10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.


Michael Kirchmaier
Director of Financial Aid
Office: 617.850.1239
Cell & Text: 617.417.5106
Skype: hellenicfinancialaid