General Position Summary:
- Responsible for all areas related to general ledger accounting
- Compliance with GAAP and Non-Profit accounting principles
- Internal management reporting and external compliance reporting
- Support budget and forecasting activities of College
- Yearend audit preparation and participation with external auditors
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and best practices methods
- Provide support to Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer
- Provide direction and supervision of Accounts Payable Specialist and Bursar
- Maintain thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly closings, processing all necessary transactions with proper cutoffs
- Reconcile all cash, investments, and all other balance sheet accounts and major P&L account on monthly basis
- Reconcile accounts receivable, accounts payable, and fixed asset subledgers to general ledger monthly
- Ensure the timely reporting of monthly financial information to department managers and senior management; generate budget to actual variance reports for management to control spending.
- Forecast cash flow and apprise Controller/CFO of projected times of cash deficit; draw from line of credit as needed
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures to strengthen internal controls and gain operating efficiencies; do same for Jenzabar EX features to enhance workflows in accounting department
- Provide training to Accounts Payable Specialist as needed
- Support Controller/CFO with special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed; respond to inquiries from department heads and deans regarding financial results and analyses.
- Maintain and track all aspects of unrestricted, temporarily restricted and permanently restricted cash accounts
- Assist with accounting, administration, and reporting of temporarily restricted gifts and permanently restricted funds (endowments)
- Maintain files of critical financial and administrative documentation
- Additional duties as assigned
Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting with minimum of 5 years experience in accounting or auditing with minimum of 2 years in non-profits; working knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and cash reconciliations; experience closing books quarterly, preparing year-end audit, and solid understanding of internal controls; Jenzabar EX, excellent verbal and written communication, able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi-task and be detailed oriented.
- Bachelors degree in accounting required. Master’s degree in accounting or CPA preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with resume/CV and compensation requirement to: email@example.com
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer. A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued.