Financial Aid Director
- Leads the Financial Aid Office to provide a high level of service to students and strategically deploy institutional resources to meet enrollment goals, especially net tuition revenue.
- Manage, coordinate, and perform daily functions of the Financial Aid Office.
- Plan, develop, organize, and coordinate the College’s Financial Aid Services and Federal Work Study program.
- Specialized knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid and award programs, regulations, practices, and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and intepret financial information and to develop and prepare financial statements and ad hoc reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of current and developing financial aid information and services capacity requirements to support operational needs and directions.
- In-depth knowledge of financial problems of economically disadvantaged students and techniques used to review student financial statements and tax returns.
- Working knowledge of relational databases used to store student and financial information.
- Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid
- Demonstrate philosophy of servant leadership, foster a positive working environment, and demonstrate exceptional customer service practices.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
Summary of Duties:
- Plans, organizes, and implements the College’s Financial Aid and Federal Work Study Program to assure eligible students receive assistance, information, and funds.
- Manages Title IV Funds & Grants including Pell, FSEOG, SMART Grant, Work Study, Stafford, Perkins, and Parent PLUS loans.
- Prepares variety of complex statistical and narrative reports. Assures financial aid records and files are up-to-date, accurate, and balance to financial statements.
- Interprets and implements federal and state guidelines governing finanical aid programs. Reviews and implements guidelines to comply with College policy and procedures.
- Represents Office and College in internal and external audits including Federal Program Review and the annual U.S. Department of Education audit.
- Provides advice and assistance to students with loans, grants, scholarships, and finanical aid applications. Reviews applications to assure accurate and complete information. Advises students on responsiblitilies associated with financial aid and assists students with resolution of unusual problems.
- Serves as subject matter expert on financial aid matters and works in a mutally cooperative way with other offices and departments.
- Revises policies and procedures as necessary to comply with changes in federal and state laws.
- Authorizes financial aid awards in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Analyzes and awards financial aid packages, assuring compliance with federal, state, and program requirements.
- Performs need analysis and counsels students seeking financial aid.
- Processes loans, scholarships, grants and awards.
- Monitors academic progress of financial aid recipients as prescribed by law and college policies. Monitors college work-study expenditures and grant expenditures. May amend student awards according to changes in academic standing.
- Calculates refunds and repayments for students.
- Maintains financial aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required federal, state, and local reports.
- Ensures the College receives a clean opinion on financial aid audits.
- Contributes to student satisfaction through delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of financial aid and student employement services.
- Works closely with the Bursar to reconcile student receivable accounts, and with Registrar and Admissions offices to ensure all aid is recorded and posted properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience managing financial aid programs.
- Experience in an independent college/university setting preferred.
- English required; Greek a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Jenzabar EX and/or JICS a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with resume/CV and compensation requirement to: email@example.com
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer. A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued.