Life Income Gifts
Hellenic College and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology offers numerous life income arrangements that provide donors with income and tax advantages. These giving alternatives enable you to make a significant gift of cash, securities or other marketable assets, and receive the following benefits:
- A substantial income tax deduction in the year the gift is made. Any excess can be carried forward for five years.
- Income for life for you and/or another beneficiary paid in annual, semi-annual or quarterly payments.
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on a gift of appreciated assets at the time the trust is created.
- Federal estate and inheritance tax savings.
- The satisfaction of supporting Hellenic College and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology and its future.
As stated previously, the material in this entire section ("Giving Opportunities") of our website is designed to furnish our alumni and friends with general information. It is not intended as legal or financial advice. When considering a charitable gift, be sure to consult your attorney, professional adviser or accountant to ensure that it meets your individual circumstances. The Office of Institutional Advancement will be happy to assist you and your advisers in developing an approach that will best fit your needs and desires. If you would like further information concerning giving opportunities, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement, Hellenic College and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, 50 Goddard Avenue, Brookline, MA 02445, (617) 731-3500.