Chances are your teens have questions about their future and how it relates to their faith. This is the first time a program has been offered to expressly help them find answers. While any Orthodox Christian seeking to develop his/her God-given talents would benefit from a program like CrossRoad, it is designed specifically for high school juniors and seniors. Why this age group? Research suggests that they are at a critical phase in their life, a time when they could most reap the benefits of Christ-focused vocational exploration. Who should you encourage to apply to CrossRoad?
High school juniors and seniors who:
* show an active desire to pursue a life in Christ
* ask questions of a theological nature
* may or may not have a sense of their vocational path, but have an interest in exploring it
* show an interest in full time ministry (either as a priest or layworker in the church) OR
* show an interest in how they will live as a Christian in whatever path or career they might choose for their life (teaching, business, social work, medicine, construction, law, nursing, engineering, architecture, graphic design, information technology, food service...the list goes on and on!)
The staff of CrossRoad feels very strongly that in just about any direction they choose for their life, it can be of service of God and of neighbor, which is Christ's call to us all.
As a parent, priest or youthworker, you know your teen well and it is difficult to overestimate the importance of your relationship with him/her. Your thoughtful initiative has the power to positively impact your teen for a lifetime. With this in mind, we hope you will let high school juniors and seniors who might be interested know about the program and support them in their efforts to apply. For any questions that you may have regarding our program please contact us.
Please check back to this section just after the program, as we will be adding items that can help you support a student who has attended.